Robert K. Erdman, Jr.
Rob is a partner at the firm, and a majority of his practice is dedicated to family law cases. He also handles some collection and estate planning matters.
Rob is a graduate of Loyola Blakefield (1998) and University of Delaware (2002 – BA English Journalism). While at Delaware, Rob was the Managing Sports Editor for the University’s student-run newspaper, The Review. After UD, Rob earned his JD at the University of Baltimore School of Law (2005), where he was the Editor-In-Chief of the Journal of Environmental Law, and a member of the 2004 National Telecommunications Moot Court Competition. Upon graduation from law school, Rob clerked for the Honorable Patrick Cavanaugh on the Circuit Court for Baltimore County. Following his clerkship, Rob started his practice with a small Baltimore County firm prior to joining what is now known as Howanski, Meadows & Erdman in 2009.
In addition to being an avid Ravens and Orioles fan, Rob enjoys spending his free time with his wife and son, working out, playing golf, and sitting on the beach.
- Court of Appeals of Maryland, 2005
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2009
- University of Baltimore School of Law, JD
- University of Delaware, BA
- Loyola Blakefield
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Committee, Chair (2011-12)
- Entertainment Committee, Chair (2012-13)
- The Advocate, Chair (2013-2014)
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section, Treasurer (2013-14); Baltimore County Circuit Representative (2011-2013); Disaster Relief Committee Chair (2010-11)
- Leadership Academy, Class of 2013
- Loyola Blakefield Alumni Association
Awards and Recognitions
- Maryland Rising Star (2012, 2013)
- The Daily Record, Contributing Writer – “Generation J.D.” blog (2009-2011)
- Recent Development, Montgomery Co., Md. v. Anchor Inn Seafood Rest., 11 U. Balt. J. Envtl. L. 231 (2003).
- “Del. State’s ground game brings Morgan to earth,” Baltimore Sun, October 21, 2001, at D10
- “Acclaim’s lacrosse game misses goal,” Baltimore Sun, September 10, 2001, at C1
- “Pastrana’s ‘bad starts’ end in pair of defeats,” Baltimore Sun, June 18, 2001, at D1